It doesn’t matter if your Android phone has expandable storage via a microSD card — you fill up whatever space you’re given, whether it’s 32GB or 200GB. Here are some easy ways to free up storage on your Android device — both the internal storage and microSD.
To download more apps and videos, or help your phone run better, you can clear space on your phone.
You can see what’s using storage or memory, and then remove those files or apps.
- Storage is where you keep data, like music and photos.
- Memory is where you run programs, like apps and the Android system.
Here are some of the tips to make your phone runs better.
1. Clear the cache
As you use applications, they start storing files to reference later. These files are stored in an app “cache.” For instance: When you’re using a web browser, it’ll save images you’ve seen so that they don’t have to be downloaded every single time the app needs them. This cache saves you time and data.
But maybe you want to clear an app’s cached data, either to regain some used space or to try to fix a misbehaving app. This method is how you can do it.
- Open the Settings of your phone.
- Tap the Storage heading to open its settings page.
- Tap the Other Apps heading to see a list of your installed apps.
- Find the application you want to clear the cache of and tap its listing.
- Tap the Clear cache button.
Whenever you use the application, it will download all that it needs from the web as it did the first occasion when you utilized it. Clearing reserved information doesn’t clear other information like logins or spared games. This frequently fixes things, particularly when an application pulls its substance from a site that is continually changing and including increasingly content. If you want to clear the storage completely, repeat these steps, and choose the Clear storage button in the final step. Warning: This will remove all of the app’s data, including usernames and passwords etc.,
2. Free up storage
To pick from a list of photos, videos, and apps that you haven’t used recently:
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Free up space.
- To pick something to delete, tap the empty box on the right. (If nothing is listed, tap Review recent items.)
- To delete the selected items, at the bottom, tap Free up.